[Freeswitch-users] mod_managed: Failed to create shadow copy

Shane Mitchell shane.mitchell at fonedynamics.com.au
Mon Feb 8 02:00:35 MSK 2016

>> Do you have a managed directory under the mod directory (not sure where the package install puts that)?  All my .dlls are in that directory.

I have created the managed directory as per the initial thread.

After trial-and-error, I found the solution (simple really) to get mod_managed to work on a fresh install.  It was simply a permissions problem.  FS was trying to write to conf/mod/managed/ without sufficient permissions.

So for those looking to try mod_managed, this is what I did to get it working:

1. Install mono.
2. Create conf/mod/managed with sufficient write permissions for FS.
3. Enable/add reference to mod_managed in modules.xml.
4. Add your csx/dll/etc files to conf/mod/managed.