[Freeswitch-users] fs_cli under Windows and cygwin, no prompt

Peter Steinbach lists at telefaks.de
Fri Feb 5 12:30:44 MSK 2016

Hello Bote,

thanks for your reply. Maybe my post was a bit misleading. In both cases
I have a shell opened on the machine and try from there running
fs_cli.exe. The difference is

  * 1st case: I open a local shell on the Windows machine (via RDP
    connection), run cygwin, get a unix shell and then start fs_cli. Works.
  * 2nd case: Form an external machine I ssh to the Windows machine
    (sshd server is running there with cygwin), have a unix shell and
    then start fs_cli. Does not work as described below.

So both cases are connecting to localhost:8021. And I am wondering now,
why this behaves differently.

Why Cygwin? For me, this is much easier, because I am used to Linux
tools (grep, tail, editors, mc, ...). And it's much better for
documentation purposes, when this all is text based and you have a large
terminal window.

Best regards
Peter