[Freeswitch-users] Freeswitch as Registrar for SIP Trunk

Alexandr Usov blessendor at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 22:57:12 MSK 2016

You must have in Asterisk configs something as in my examples.

;;Register on freeswitch if your asterisk behind dynamic IP or NAT, etc.
With static IP of both FS and Asterisk you not need to do register from
asterisk.
register => asterisk2fs:strongpassword at ip_of_freeswitch/freeswitch

;; type=friend means that this peer can be used for outbound and inbound
calls, so we don't need to create two peer settings block ( [freeswitch-in]
and [freeswitch-out] )

[freeswitch] ;; you maybe want to use here your public DID number, as well
as in username/fromuser settings
type=friend
username=asterisk2fs
fromuser=asterisk2fs
fromdomain=ip_of_freeswitch
host=ip_of_freeswitch
context=from-freeswitch
secret=strongpassword
insecure=port,invite
qualify=yes
port=5060

Your context [from-freeswitch] must have an extension, named as
'freeswitch' (or your DID number) for incoming calls operations.