[Freeswitch-users] Problem using FSClient and FreeSWITCH

Paul Mateer paul.mateer at outlook.com
Wed Dec 21 01:39:10 MSK 2016

I’m doing a little experimenting with FreeSWITCH and I've encountered a problem which hopefully someone can help with.

I have a system running a generic build/install of FreeSWITCH and another with the FSClient running.

I am trying to dial some of the numbers that should respond, such as 9664 or 9198, but when I try the call connects to the server but is then disconnected at the client end.

Debugging the client I've found that there are two threads executing the audio_bridge_thread function. Both have the same two channels but they're reversed between threads.

The problem seems to be that one channel has no media_handle assigned so when switch_core_session_write_frame is called to write the sound data that should be played by the client, the function returns a failure code and the client hangs up.

Does anyone have any idea why one channel would not have had a media handle assigned – I can call the same numbers from X-Lite on the same client PC and the call connects successfully and the audio stream is played ok.