[Freeswitch-users] Floating IPs and fs_cli

Zach Rothy zrothy at monmouth.com
Thu Dec 15 01:31:36 MSK 2016

I ended up finding the issue seemed to be with the fact IPv6 had been
shut off. Mod_event_socket was configured still to the default of "::"
which should have bound to both IPv4 and IPv6 according to confluence.
It seems that "::" was only binding to IPv6 based off some testing.

I failed over to the standby server which still had IPv6 enabled, and
once freeswitch was up I checked with netstat to see what ports were
bound. I only ended up seeing 8021 for event_socket bound on IPv6 TCP:

tcp6       0      0 :::8021                 :::*
LISTEN      12030/freeswitch

Logs only showed the following line when I grepped for that
port/event_socket:

2016-12-14 09:18:35.136806 [DEBUG] mod_event_socket.c:2943 Socket up
listening on :::8021

While on the server which had IPv6 shut off, netstat showed nothing
bound to that port, nor did the logs.

Since it seems to be potentially a bug I will open up a report on JIRA.
Just wanted to post the solution I found in case anyone else was having
a similar trouble.

-Zach