[Freeswitch-users] FS changes to transcoding after hold

Sebastian Kemper sebastian_ml at gmx.net
Sat Dec 10 18:40:50 MSK 2016

On Fri, Dec 09, 2016 at 10:47:35PM +0100, Sebastian Kemper wrote:

<snip>

> It's probably not the smartest move for the phone to renegotiate codecs
> at this point. But I think FS should be able to deal with it (without
> simply falling back to transcoding). I've tried if putting
> "disable-transcoding" into the profiles changes anything, but it didn't.
> "renegotiate-codec-on-hold" and "renegotiate-codec-on-reinvite" are gone
> since FS 1.6.10 so I can't try those. I read something about
> "indicate_hold" which probably means that FS will send a reINVITE on the
> other leg, so I might try that.

I thought about it some more and came to the conclusion that for a B2BUA
it does seem legit to accept the first codec in the reINVTIE's offer and
use transcoding to make the bridge work. It's not what I would like to
happen, but that's a different story :D

I also found a posting from 2011 which mentions this behavior:
http://lists.freeswitch.org/pipermail/freeswitch-users/2011-December/078228.html

Anyway, "case closed".

Regards,
Sebastian