[Freeswitch-users] no audio on DTLS-SRTP call from Chrome to Freeswitch

Dave Horton daveh at beachdognet.com
Mon Dec 12 03:02:20 MSK 2016

Sorry, I figured this out — please disregard my request for help.  (It was a problem in my sipjs implementation)

Dave
On Dec 11, 2016, at 6:46 PM, Dave Horton <daveh at beachdognet.com> wrote:

I’m having an issue trying to set up a simple audio test from a Chrome browser to a Freeswitch using DTLS-SRTP.  Everything seems to connect ok (in terms of the SIP signaling and the handshake negotiation), but when I try to play a file from Freeswitch I hear nothing in my browser.  I’m looking for any tips on how to troubleshoot this (understanding that the problem may not be on the Freeswitch side, but any advice on how to troubleshoot SRTP would be useful since my usual approach of getting a wireshark and stripping the audio to listen to it doesn’t work).

There is a pastebin showing the freeswitch debug and sip logs at http://pastebin.com/X2k0amY2

However, first some details on my setup, since it is has some custom pieces.  My web application is using Sip.js (http://sipjs.com/) to establish a secure web socket connection to my edge proxy (which is not using Freeswitch, or verto).  My edge proxy is connecting to Freeswitch using event socket, and upon receiving an INVITE from Chrome using wss transport, then generates an INVITE over UDP to Freeswitch.  The call is answered and a file is played, using event socket to transmit those commands.  I can see from the above trace that Freeswitch answers the call and negotiates the handshake for DTLS-SRTP ok.  The file is played and I can see from a wireshark trace that packets are flowing.  However, I hear no audio.

Any thoughts on next steps for troubleshooting?

Dave