[Freeswitch-users] Re- FreeSWITCH 1.6.13 on CentOS 6.8 and mod_flite build issue

Andrew Keil andrew.keil at visytel.com
Wed Dec 7 02:26:40 MSK 2016

To FreeSWITCH users,

I understand that there is a need to move to CentOS 7 for FreeSWITCH, however my client cannot do this currently.

I have tried to get mod_flite to build inside FreeSWITCH 1.6.13 on CentOS 6.8

I get the following when running FreeSWITCH make after ./configure:

making all mod_flite
make[3]: Entering directory `/usr/local/src/freeswitch/src/mod/asr_tts/mod_flite'
Makefile:800: *** You must install libflite-dev to build mod_flite.  Stop.
make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/freeswitch/src/mod/asr_tts/mod_flite'
make[2]: *** [mod_flite-all] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/freeswitch/src/mod'
make[1]: *** [mod_flite] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/freeswitch/src/mod'
make: *** [mod_flite] Error 2

Since there is no libflite-devel package for CentOS 6 I did the following successfully:

cd /usr/src
wget http://files.freeswitch.org/downloads/libs/flite-2.0.0.tar.gz
tar -xzvf flite-2.0.0.tar.gz
cd flite-2.0.0
./configure --enable-shared --prefix=/usr/local
make && make install

This worked OK and setup everything inside /usr/local/lib

However when I try to run ./configure and make inside the FreeSWITCH source directory again I get the same error above.

Any ideas?

Kind Regards,

Andrew Keil
Visytel Pty Ltd

[visytellogo]

www.visytel.com<http://www.visytel.com/>

Mobile: +61 (0) 429 076 431
Skype: visytel

This e-mail message may contain confidential and commercially sensitive information. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, interference with, disclosure or copying of this material is unauthorised and prohibited. If you receive this e-mail message by mistake, please contact Visytel Pty Ltd on +61 429 076 431.