[Freeswitch-users] Freeswitch CA certs

Vladyslav Zakhozhai v.zakhozhai at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 20:24:04 MSK 2016

Hi,

I wonder why freeswitch does not use system's CA certificates for SSL/TLS
verification? I have Let's Encrypt certificate on the web secrive side and
I have troubles with http_cache over https (server's cert cant be verified).

In freeswitch'es wiki I've read (
https://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Mod_http_cache#Installing):

For HTTPS support, grab the latest CA certs from
http://curl.haxx.se/ca/cacert.pem and install in
/usr/local/freeswitch/conf. An older copy is also available in
freeswitch/src/mod/applications/mod_http_cache/conf/cacert.pem.

First, what is haxx.se? I do not know and it is not an authority for me. So
do I need to bundle cacers myself? Why do I need to do it (for verification
of SSL/TLS of external service with real certificate) if I already have it
on my system?

Tell me please where I am wrong? Thanks in advance.

--
С уважением,
Владислав Захожай