[Freeswitch-users] RE- FreeSWITCH originate api command question

Brian West brian at freeswitch.org
Tue Dec 6 15:33:38 MSK 2016

call_timeout has zero effect there, you should be using leg_timeout.

1. ignore_early_media=false is the default NO need to specify it,
ignore_early_media=true
will prevent the originate from returning when media is received.
 return_ring_ready=true is really not compatible with
ignore_early_media=true they conflict, do you or do you not want to
originate to return because ignore_early_media=true says no, but
return_ring_ready=true say yes!

2. Not in this configuration the two options conflict

3. If you want originate to return when it receives a 183 do not set
ignore_early_media=true, or any other variable for that matter.

On Tue, Dec 6, 2016 at 4:57 AM, Andrew Keil <andrew.keil at visytel.com> wrote:

> To FreeSWITCH Users,
>

> I have a need to have the FreeSWITCH originate API command to return ASAP
> (and not wait for 200 OK SDP (ie. CONNECT)).
>

> My FreeSWITCH version is the latest production release 1.6.13.
>

> This is easy to test from fs_cli:
>
> *originate
> {call_timeout=45,ignore_early_media=true,return_ring_ready=true}sofia/gateway/mygateway/xxxxxxxxxx;user=phone
> 5000*
>

> Where: xxxxxxxxxx = outbound phone number
>

> *After looking at my SIP Trunk provider’s SIP Flow the following happens:*
>

> Tx: INVITE SDP
>
> Rx: 100 Trying
>
> Rx: 183 Session Progress SDP
>
> Tx: RTP {early media}
>
> Rx: 180 Ringing
>
> Rx: 200 OK SDP
>
> Tx: ACK
>
> Rx: BYE
>
> Tx: 200 OK
>

> Based on the above flow, I understand that since 183 SDP is received then
> the 180 Ringing is not used by FreeSWITCH (based on reading other comments
> on this topic), therefore what settings should I use inside the originate
> command in order for the originate API call to return and start service
> 5000 flow when 183 SDP is received.
>

> *My questions:*
>
> 1)      Should ignore_early_media=true or ignore_early_media=false or
> ignore_early_media=ring_ready for originate to return when 183 SDP is
> received?
>
> 2)      Will return_ring_ready=true have no affect based on the above
> call flow?
>
> 3)      Are there any other settings that I should use to enable
> originate to return when 183 SDP is received?
>

> Kind Regards,
>

> Andrew Keil

> http://confluence.freeswitch.org

*Brian West*
brian at freeswitch.org

*Twitter: @FreeSWITCH , @briankwest*
http://www.freeswitchbook.com (50% Discount using code FreeSwitch50)
http://www.freeswitchcookbook.com (50% Discount using code FreeSwitch50)
https://www.gofundme.com/freeswitch_ubuntu

Got Bugs? Report them here <https://freeswitch.org/jira>! | Reddit:
/r/freeswitch <https://www.reddit.com/r/freeswitch>

*T:*+19184209001 | *F:*+19184209002 | *M:*+1918424WEST (9378)
*iNUM:*+883 5100 1420 9001 | *ISN:*410*543 | *Skype:*briankwest