[Freeswitch-users] Skype

Shaun Stokes shaun.stokes at itec-support.co.uk
Thu Dec 1 15:30:57 MSK 2016

Microsoft are pushing hard to get their customers away from on premise solutions such as Skype for Business Server and on to their cloud solution Office 365. For the moment Office 365 (Business orientated) and Skype (User orientated) exist as separate entities, but I wouldn’t be surprised if Microsoft decided to bring them together in the future.

As far as I can tell they still endorse the Desktop API for Skype but with a limited feature set: https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA214/what-is-the-desktop-api

You can expect Microsoft to gradually phase out legacy software and APIs which they no longer publicly support.

Microsoft are promoting APIs for Skype for Business and Office 365 which they have invested heavily in: https://www.skype.com/en/developer/
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/skype/skypedeveloperplatform