[Freeswitch-users] how to disable updates of sip_registrations.ping_expires when I am not doing nat

Dave Horton daveh at beachdognet.com
Wed Aug 31 23:45:46 MSD 2016

I’m observing intermittent errors of the type:

"Deadlock found when trying to get lock; try restarting transaction..”

with a sql update of the ping_expires column in sip_registrations table.  I am not using OPTIONS ping or any nat features at all (I’m behind an SBC that does that),
so I am not sure if there is any reason why the ping_expires value should be updated at all.

In looking at the code (v1.6.8) in sofia.c it appears that the sofia_reg_check_ping_expire function will always be called, and that within that function the update to ping_expires will
always be attempted, regardless of my profile settings.  Am I reading that correctly, or is there a way to disable it?

Dave