[Freeswitch-users] Distributed Backend for Voicemail

Ken Rice krice at freeswitch.org
Thu Aug 18 07:33:33 MSD 2016

All you need is a distributed filesystem just for the recordings… any distributed file system will do.. all metadata with mod voicemail is stored in a SQL DB…. Such as postgresql…

no you can’t use nosql with it at this time.

Using postgresql + shared storage actually scales quite large provided you set up the shared storage and pgsql for the environment.