[Freeswitch-users] append header when LOSE_RACE

Anonim Stefan fanx07 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 11:49:27 MSD 2016

On Thu, Aug 11, 2016 at 9:11 PM, Brian West <brian at freeswitch.org> wrote:

> What exactly do you need to append and why?

Suppose there are two parallel bridged legs. Using python application in an
extension, I append "X-TO-LB:1" for the first one and "X-TO-LB:2" for the
second one. I "mod_distribute" the INVITEs to my SIP server core that knows
to dispatch to balancers based on that header value. Next, suppose leg 1
answers and leg 2 gets CANCELed. I need that CANCEL to also contain
"X-TO-LB:2" in order to be dispatched to its destination(right now the
CANCELed endpoint still keeps ringing because the CANCEL does not have that
header).

Note: "X-TO-LB:" is not for balancing purpose but for identifying the
balancer responsible for the bridged leg.

I want to do it like this in order not to keep the LB<->ENDPOINT mapping in
my python script as long as the SIP core knows to do the dispatching.

Thanks,
Stefan