[Freeswitch-users] Hostname vs IP in SDP

Colin Morelli colin.morelli at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 19:35:46 MSD 2016

True, but newer RFCs (6947 for example) are adding extensions such as
"a=altc" which should allow you to advertise both IPv4 and IPv6 support in
an SDP. Having simply a hostname could make that easier. But I see your
point, if the two have to be advertised independently you might as well use
IPs instead of hostnames - there's no clear advantage to be gained one way
or the other.

Best,
Colin