[Freeswitch-users] Hostname vs IP in SDP

Colin Morelli colin.morelli at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 15:17:44 MSD 2016

Steven,

Thanks for the clarification - that's really helpful (it also means I can
go file browser bugs which I'll do)

Agreed it'll cause interop issues (for example the ones seen in WebRTC).
It's too bad, because it could be helpful in a few different scenarios.

That said, for now I'm just looking to slowly start using it on devices
that will have problems with IP addresses. Does anyone know if there's a
way, via a channel var, to set the advertised address in the SDP?

Best,
Colin