[Freeswitch-users] issues with buidling 32bit Debian repo

Peter happy at hour.com
Tue Aug 2 23:43:29 MSD 2016

I am still facing difficulties with creating the 32bit  FreeSWITCH
packages for Debian 8:

I have been building the packages using Stanislav's script on two 32 bit
machines, one with 512MiB RAM and the other 2GiB RAM.

On the 512MiB machine I had to modify the invoked  |./debian/rules
script and lower the xs compression level in order to avoid memory
problems.|

|On the 2GiB I could run the build script unmodified.|

|I published the repo to my vps, but whichever of both builds I publish,
if I do a

|apt-get update, I get stuck at the same error:|

|"Failed to fetch
gzip:/var/lib/apt/lists/partial/xxxx.com_debian_freeswitch-unstable-i386_dists_jessie_main_i18n_Translation-en%5fUS.gz
Invalid file format"

|So, what could be wrong with the gzipped Translation-en package?

|%5f underscore in filename ?|

All I would like is to upgrade my small  FreeSWITCH 1.2 system,  running
happily for many years on a 32bit platform (now Debian 8)
Moving to a 64bit platform is currently not an option for me.