[Freeswitch-users] save voicemail via http

Nathan Neulinger nneul at mst.edu
Tue Aug 2 04:24:39 MSD 2016

Essentially, gluster is a cluster distributed filesystem. It uses local storage on each 'server' node, and that can then
be mounted on clients. It's intended for high performance compute resources, but works quite nicely for freeswitch backend.

In my case, I have 4 servers accessing the cluster - 2 freeswitch nodes that are setup as an HA pair using keepalived
(article already in wiki for that), 2 web server front end nodes for a local custom UI.

On the backend, I have the three gluster nodes for file service (odd number to insure quorum) and 3 Percona XTraDB mysql
nodes also operating as a cluster.

Everything except the two freeswitch instances is running as a VM. The FS nodes are running on real hardware.

The key difference with NFS is that the filesystem itself is redundant - so you can take any one of those backend nodes
out of service and it isn't visible (except as a momentary hang) to the servers that have the filesystem mounted.

-- Nathan

Nathan Neulinger                       nneul at mst.edu
Missouri S&T Information Technology    (573) 612-1412
System Administrator - Architect