[Freeswitch-users] Hangup hooks in Python

Trever L. Adams trever at middleearth.sapphiresunday.org
Mon Aug 1 20:20:40 MSD 2016

I am working on adding functionality to an external project that already
supports Asterisk. I have used hook events with lua to capture call data
on hangup and hangup complete before. Unfortunately, I need
authenticated json rpc or xmlrpc. The original code I am working from is
also in Python. Lua xml and json rpc modules do not seem to do
authenticated requests. Since I already have Python, it seems to be easier.

https://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Mod_python#Hangup_hook_.2B_SQLAlchemy_crashes_switch,
it says that hangup hooks are very buggy and should be avoided. Is this
still the case in the last year or so (recent versions)? If so, what is
the best way to do this? If not, can someone post a simple equivalent of
event:getHeader in a simple handler for hangups so that I can start
working on this?

Do I use def fsapi(session, stream, env, args) or def handler(session,
args)?

Thank you for help getting started,

Trever