[Freeswitch-users] Scaling Freeswitch

Colin Morelli colin.morelli at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 04:14:17 MSD 2016

Jungle + Jurijs,

Thank you, the combination of the YT video and your description is exactly
what I was looking for. So, in summation here, what you'd have is

SIP Client ----> Kamailio ----> FS (contains a dialplan to bridge
user/1234) ----> Kamailio ----> Other SIP Client

Am I understanding correctly? I assume Kamailio would remove itself from
the media flow in this case, leaving just Client --> FS --> Client for
media transfer, right?

It sounds like this still wouldn't remove the need for shared state
management across the FS cluster, though. So, you'd have a Kamailio cluster
backed by a database processing SIP registrations and location information,
backed by FS with a shared database storing call state. This should allow
the failure of either a Kamailio instance and/or FS instance and still
allow the call to be recovered. It'll also allow you to offload all SIP
registration to Kamailio and it's database, while leaving FS freed up for
media/call routing. Does this sound right?

This has been incredibly helpful, thank you so much.

Best,
Colin