[Freeswitch-users] How to dynamically set up conferences?
pstarzyk at general-devices.com
Thu Apr 14 20:28:46 MSD 2016
Let’s say I have 3 SIP endpoints: Caller_A, Caller_B and Caller_C
Initially Caller_A calls Caller_B, so we end up with a SIP call between
But now, there will be some cases, when Caller_A will want to ‘conference
in’ Caller_C into the call between Caller_A and Caller_B.
How is it normally done? Based on my limited understanding of
mod_conference, I would attempt doing it as following:
Tear down the original call between A & B, and set up a conference between
A, B & C:
1. Caller_A calls Caller_B
2. SIP call is established between Caller_A and Caller_B.
3. After a while Caller_A wants to conference in Caller_C, as
a. Caller_A hangs up the call with Caller_B
b. Caller_A dials into a conference room.
c. Caller_B dials into the same conference room.
d. Caller_C dials into the same conference room.
4. Caller_A, Caller_B and Caller_C are now in a conference.
Use conferences for all calls from the beginning, even the 2-way calls, to
make it easier to conference in additional callers:
1. Caller_A dials into a conference room.
2. Caller_B dials into a conference room.
3. Calelr_A and Caller_B can now talk to each other.
4. After a while Caller_A wants to conference in Caller_C
a. Caller_C dials into the same conference room.
5. Caller_A, Caller_B and Caller_C are now in a conference.
I’ve also read about eavesdrop tool, but I understand it only allows 3-way
communication, and I need to be able to support N-way.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
Join us at ClueCon 2016 Aug 8-12, 2016
More information about the FreeSWITCH-users