[Freeswitch-users] How to register to a gateway/provider using an outbound proxy but have realm value in request URI?

Mervyn Yeo mervyn.yeo at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 18:43:26 MSD 2016

Hi all,

I'm trying to register with a provider without success. I'm able to do it
from my snom 300 phone as well as zoiper softphone. On the phones, all I
did was set

<fake substitute values below>

account : username
registrar : sip.provider.com
outbound proxy : 8.8.8.8

and it sends the register to 8.8.8.8 with a register packet like so in
http://pastebin.com/XME4UknQ

in fs, i created a provider with values http://pastebin.com/Q6i6Njxu and
it's not registering. the difference in the sip trace is that although the
request is sent to network address 8.8.8.8 the "Request-URI Host Part" uses
the values from my proxy setting instead of "sip.provider.com". Sip trace
from fs here -> http://pastebin.com/Pfgsu28s (Please ignore the user agent,
this was sent from fs. I was experimenting with the "user-agent-string"
param).

How can I setup fs so that it'll send to the outbound proxy address but the
Request-Line still shows

REGISTER sip:sip.provider.com SIP/2.0

Thanks,
Mervyn