[Freeswitch-users] OPUS and CPU load

Oleg Stolyar olegstolyar at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 17:49:09 MSD 2016

Steve, you are correct, I was comparing Opus to my current production mix
of G.711 and  G.722.  Here are more precise results on AWS M3.2xl instance
with 8 CPUs for a 10 person conference with all clients connecting from
Chrome via WebRTC.
FS CPU usage was jumping more or less within these ranges throughout the
conference:

PCMU: 4.3% - 5.0%
722: 7.6% - 8.3%
OPUS: 25% - 50%