[Freeswitch-users] Large number of extensions with presence - any performance implications?

Yehavi Bourvine yehavi.bourvine at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 10:18:22 MSD 2015

Hello,

  We currently have over 500 extensions, most of them sharing the same
profile which has presence enabled (since some of them need shared lines
and BLFs). I am now watching the future of having over 6,000 extensions on
that PBX. So' I have a few questions:

- Does having all the phones on the same profile can induce performance
problems which we won't face if we split them among a few profiles?
- Is there a difrerence (mainly database access) between placing all phones
that need presence on the same profile vs. splitting them to 3-4 profiles?
- About 2/3 of the phones do not really need presence; however, it is more
comfortable for me to put them on the same profile. Will the databases
access due to presence events might be so high that I should invest the
effort to put the single line phones on a different profile without
presence?

    Thanks, __Yehavi: