[Freeswitch-users] OPUS codec and optimal settings for "bad" 3G reception.

doancea doancea at orange-vallee.net
Wed Sep 16 16:07:49 MSD 2015

About FEC in the decoder, you can try this patch:
https://freeswitch.org/jira/browse/FS-8151

About FEC on the encoder:
please try the "keep-fec-enabled" feature, have this set in
opus.conf.xml :
<param name="keep-fec-enabled" value="1"/>

Opus at 8000h seems ok so far (if u do transcoding to/from 8000 hz). u can
try to increase ptime too .

And yes, your client software better have RTCP.

Regards,
Dragos