[Freeswitch-users] uuid_bridge vs intercept

Ben Hood 0x6e6562 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 23:20:05 MSD 2015

Hi all,

I was wondering if anybody can explain the difference between
uuid_bridge and intercept.

I have an app with parked legs - using the uuid of a parked leg, I can
originate a call to multiple endpoints, and the "winner" is piped into
the intercept application which effectively bridges the two legs
together:

originate endpoint1,endpoint2 &intercept(first_uuid)

This seems to have the same effect as

originate endpoint1,endpoint2 &park() // returns second_uuid

And then in another thread

uuid_bridge first_uuid second_uuid

But I'm not sure whether there's something different going on under the covers.

Interface-wise it looks like intercept is an application, and as such,
it exposes the necessary calling convention for a successful originate
invocation to pipe it's result to, whereas uuid_bridge appears to be a
API from mod_commands and hence doesn't suffice the call interface for
originate.

So on face value, it seems that intercept can join the currently
executing channel to a specific uuid, whereas uuid_bridge is executed
in a separate context to the two uuids that are being joined together.

Because they appear to have same result, albeit invoked in different
calling contexts, I was wondering whether there's any fundamental
difference between the two methods?

Cheers,

Ben