[Freeswitch-users] Stumped by mod_portaudio permissions issue

Mark Haun haunma at keteu.org
Thu Sep 10 22:07:39 MSD 2015

Larry Morley [lmorley at neny.cslimits.net] wrote:
> if you step back and look at your earlier posts, and clear your mind, I
> think you'll start hearing someone(s) whispering "race condition",
> "contention", et al.  From a metacognitive perspective I'm fairly certain
> that's what you're running into.

That is an interesting theory.  Unfortunately, with a workaround in hand
(run with u but not -g), my motivation to get to the bottom of this is not
sufficient to dig in from scratch.

Permissions management is a critical part of any system daemon, and this
could be the shadow of a bug with security implications.  So I had hoped
that it would attract more interest from those with pre-existing knowledge
of the code.  That it has not reduces my confidence in freeswitch somewhat,
and makes me wonder how much of it is in a "don't touch that, it's working"
state.  Then again, I can't complain about the price...

Anyway, I hope there is enough of a google trail here for other users to
find the thread.

Thanks,

Mark