[Freeswitch-users] OPUS and bitrate

Michael Nielsen mic.niel84 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 11:49:42 MSK 2015

My users are primarily running on 3G networks and are experience some
delays/lost packages.

I would like to try and force a lower bitrate on the OPUS codec to see if
it helps.

They are using the Bria client on iOS.

In my FS I've set this in opus.conf.xml:

<param name="maxaveragebitrate" value="20000"/>

But Bria are reporting an average between 30-60kb/s.

Shouldn't the setting force a max of 20kb/s and are there more things to
consider to get good voice quality on 3G networks and such?

Package loss are reported from Bria to be around an average of 1-5%