[Freeswitch-users] link video from one call to the audio of another in a conference

Hristo Trendev dist.lists at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 15:29:34 MSD 2015

Hi,

Is there a way to somehow force the video of one call to follow the audio
of another call so they act as if they are coming from a single endpoint?
Essentially what I'm looking for is something like the
"video-no-video-avatar" option, which can take a video stream instead of
PNG.

What I am trying to achieve is to use an existing Polycom Soundstation with
a set of extension microphones and to add a video-only stream from a laptop
webcam to the mix. I don't want to use the mic/speakers of the laptop
though, because the Soundstation provides much better audio experience.

Ideally it would be possible to dial into a conference from a Soundstation
(audio only) and from a laptop (video only, with deaf and mute set) and be
able to link both calls together so the laptop video follows the
Soundstation audio with regards to floor changes. The Soundstation mics and
speakers will then be used for audio streaming and playback and the laptop
will stream and playback the video only.

Best,
Hristo