[Freeswitch-users] Freeswitch inbound logic match

Stanislav Sinyagin ssinyagin at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 11:44:15 MSD 2015

actually typically you don't want to limit your inbound calls.

For example, I get a Twilio PSTN number 1555123456, and configure
twilio to send the calls to sip.example.com:5080.  So, FreeSWITCH will
receive the calls in public context.

Now, what I can do is give my SIP URI
(1555123456 at sip.example.com:5080) to third parties -- for example,
register it at some ENUM directories. Or maybe my overseas partner
configures their PBX to send calls to me directly via Internet,
instead of sending it to their local PSTN.

So, what you need to make sure is that you only accept calls to your
own numbers in public context. If you receive an unauthenticated call
for some arbitrary destination number, it should be rejected (you
don't really want to send it to PSTN, do you?).

If there's only a small quantity of PSTN numbers landing on your
FreeSWITCH, you can simply configure a sequence of condition
statements in the public context. If your setup is bigger, there are
many ways to look up the number in some database and make a decision
where to route it. One of the simplest ways is to have your directory
users, one per DID, and use "user_exists" call to check if this is our
number.

I don't see much of a reason in sending inbound calls to the internal
profile (port 5060) and making an exclusion ACL to disable the
authentication. It only makes things complex and it doesn't add
security.