[Freeswitch-users] Low-Level Conference API

Johannes Singler johannes.singler at qnective.com
Tue Oct 6 10:27:44 MSD 2015

mod_conference offers audio/video conferencing services.  The usual way to
start/join a conference seems to be to dial in to a special number.
However, we would like to use mod_conference with custom signaling, so
basically just the mixing part.  For that, we would need some low-level API
for conferences, with functionality like

1. Add a participant with a given offer SDP: return an answer SDP, start
mixing it in and start the RTP stream to the new participant.
2. Remove a participant, stop mixing him, and stop the RTP stream to the
respective device.

Can this be achieved by using mod_event_socket, or would we have to
implement a proper FreeSWITCH module for such things?

--
Johannes Singler
Software Engineer

Qnective