[Freeswitch-users] Freeswitch and twilio

Michael Nielsen mic.niel84 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 15:21:01 MSD 2015

Ok, so internal user like /directory/default/twilio.xml and then use the
destination number in the HEADER for routing calls?
The Twilio guide uses an external gateway and not an internal - but I guess
that's wrong...

On Wed, Oct 7, 2015 at 12:19 PM, Sergey Safarov <s.safarov at gmail.com> wrote:

> make as i write in prevesion message.
> 1) 5080 - port is used external profile
> 2) remove inbound gateway
>
> On Wed, Oct 7, 2015 at 12:02 PM, Michael Nielsen <mic.niel84 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hello Sergey,
>>
>> This is what I've done.
>> 1) Twilio is set up to route calls to sip:my-domain:5080. I've validated
>> that calls are entering my server on port 5080 and sofia/external/ captures
>> it.
>> 2) Twilio IP's are added to my ACL and validated that incoming calls are
>> accepted.
>> 3) I've created a sip_profile/gateway/twilio.xml which contains:
>>
>> <gateway name="twilio-outbound">
>>   <param name="username" value="MY-USERNAME"/>
>>   <param name="password" value="MY-PASSWORD"/>
>>   <param name="proxy" value="MY-BUSINESS-NAME.pstn.twilio.com"/>
>>   <param name="register" value="false"/>
>> </gateway>
>>
>> <gateway name="twilio-inbound">
>>   <param name="username" value="MY-USERNAME"/>
>>   <param name="password" value="MY-PASSWORD"/>
>>   <param name="proxy" value="MY-BUSINESS-NAME.pstn.twilio.com"/>
>>   <param name="register" value="false"/>
>>   <param name="context" value="default"/>
>> </gateway>
>> Twilio-outbound does work. Twilio-inbound does not place incoming calls
>> in the default context.
>>
>> If I make a dialplan in /dialplan/public/gateway_incoming.xml which
>> checks if the user exists and then transfer calls, then it works.
>> But I would prefer to have a gateway (or sip_profile) setup correctly for
>> placing calls in default context from Twilio.
>>

>> On Wed, Oct 7, 2015 at 8:27 AM, Sergey Safarov <s.safarov at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I read provided doc link. Working scheme:
>>> 1) create separate sip_profile for twilio. As example use internal
>>> profile. Also you may set port to 5090 in new profile;
>>> 2) configure ACL with twilio IP in new profile;
>>> 3) set required context in new profile;