[Freeswitch-users] MC8704 on mod-gsmopen

Francis sms at icefire.qza.net.au
Mon Oct 5 10:25:09 MSD 2015

Hi all,

I've been looking into this card as a replacement for my current usb
dongle setup, since 2g services are soon to shut down in rural areas
here.  The MC8704 is quad band WCDMA, so it would give access across all
networks:

http://www.m2mconnectivity.com.au/brands/sierra-wireless/sierra-wireless-airprime/mc-series/mc8704

.. and possibly running it through a USB adapter like this:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/271455696096?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

... though I'm not sure if this would work, with the card using the I2S
interface. Is there any possibility this might work? I don't mind doing
some testing, as long as it's feasible.

Cheers,
Francis