[Freeswitch-users] INVITE only after REGISTER

Ken Rice krice at freeswitch.org
Sat Nov 28 06:50:47 MSK 2015

If freeswitch gets an invite from someone it automatically challenges that call unless you have call authentication turned off. The example configs demonstrate both modes. Authenticated on the internal profile and allow anything on the external profile.

Sip register packets have nothing to do with the user being able to initiate a new call, again it only serves to the the server the current network location of a device.

Some people think registration is neededto be able to place a call, however with sip this is not the case.

Sent from my iPhone