[Freeswitch-users] Selective problem with outbound calls

JT Bock jtbock at synacktics.com
Thu Nov 26 08:12:16 MSK 2015

Hi,

Hoping someone might have some insight...

I currently have a Debian 7 system (freeswitch 1.4) with Aastra 6731i
phones and a single Polycom 335. Everything works fine.

I built a Debian 8 system (freeswitch 1.6) as a drop-in replacement.
Inbound calls work fine on the 2 different brands of phones (Aastra, and
Polycom), but the Aastra phones cannot make outbound calls. Or rather,
they can, but there is no audio. Outbound calls via the Polycom work
fine.  I did packet captures when making an outbound call with each type
of phone, and when using the Aastra phones, there is no response
received by the FS box after the Invite.

I literally unplug the Debian 7 system and plug in the Debian 8 system.
They are identically IP'ed, same SIP and RTP ports, etc.  I can move the
Debian 8 box to e.g. my home network, and then the Aastra phones work fine.

So, it seems this is some kind of firewall/nat problem, but why would
the Polycom still work? Is there some configuration parameter on the
Aastra phones I should look at?

Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks,
Tim