[Freeswitch-users] uuid_media off with WebRTC

Dan Edwards DEdwards at vertical.com
Sat Nov 21 01:28:19 MSK 2015

I'm running FS 1.6.2, trying to get FreeSWITCH to drop out of the media path for 2 WebRTC calls, but I'm getting 'Cannot bypass due to secure connection'.

In FS-7166, I found the instructions to set uuid_media_secure_media=true, but that didn’t seem to help.

When I tracked down the error message in the source, I find this snippet in switch_ivr.c:

if (switch_channel_test_flag(channel, CF_SECURE)) {
      switch_core_session_rwunlock(session);
      switch_log_printf(SWITCH_CHANNEL_SESSION_LOG(session), SWITCH_LOG_ERROR,
                "Cannot bypass %s due to secure connection.\n",
      switch_channel_get_name(channel));

      return SWITCH_STATUS_FALSE;
}

 Wouldn't this code cause for any SRTP call to decline to drop media?

Can FS bypass media with 2 WebRTC calls?

Thank you,

Dan