[Freeswitch-users] Situation with freeswitch dbh + odbc (mysql) in lua

Florent Krieg flokrrr at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 16:19:47 MSK 2015

Hello John,

If you are under heavy load, could this be a db issue? Like the db engine
taking long to return the data, hence queries are getting queued one after
the other and finally reach a few hundreds of it?
Or you are right and your Lua script sometimes doesn't release the handler
as it just shall... To check this, you could for instance log a debug
message before and after doing your db query, and check after a few minutes
if you have the equivalent of 'before' and 'after' query messages... If
more before than after, then something is happening.

You could do a 'show processlist;' on the MySQL cli too to understand what
are exactly the few hundreds of open connections.

Also, is your stored procedure complicated? I'm not DBA but if it's too
tricky, you could imagine to move the load on the Lua processing instead of
MySQL. I have the same use cases on my environment and I made sure my MySQL
queries are dumb as possible and I take the benefit of Lua to process the
data returned.

I'm just dropping some ideas that I'm thinking about now. Nothing very
precise though (sorry...).
Florent