[Freeswitch-users] USB GSM Dongle with FreeSwitch for voice calls

Luiz Fernando Softov fernando at softov.com.br
Sun Mar 29 03:05:43 MSD 2015

Hi

***** - Enable coredump http://blog.urdada.net/2007/12/31/71/
***** - Find it after next crash
***** - Analyze coredump

First, when i say crash, it's a panic in USB, not a crach of
daemon/executable. This is because Freeswitch/GsmOpen is attached in TTY
and lock the TTY, blocking other processes to manage USB (tty).

***** Find what is calling USB modem power off and disable it.***** No
poweroff, no error.

Some modems power off and power on again, i try to find what is
causing this error, without success. Maybe some errors in power suply
or modem just reset, because i try it with 4, 10, 20 and 30 modems,
and the problem persists.
In my search, google and other forums, i found someone talking about
modem resetting for own.

Sometimes the user wan't to change de SIM in modem, and remove it and
put it again, without make a dettach in my interface/system.

Or if he not remove the modem and just change de SIM (o.O), its a
request of many users of my system using E303 or other modems.

I identify this, because i'm attached in ttyU0.0, ang get event im my
source or a CME-ERROR 10, if modem just changed SIM, then i reset the
modem with AT command ^RESET.

I'm using mod_xml_curl to get interfaces info, and ESL events to
manage this... Then i make a "gsm remove xxxx" and when modem arrive i
make a "gsm reload".

This way not affect the calls in progress.

I talk with Shlomi Agiv, and apply some functions of his patch, now
i'm just making tests....

Now i'm having some problems, just when i call a "gsm remove" in ESL,
its stop to reply, even when i send other command, like "sofia
status". It's the same when i send command with fs_cli...

Before ask, i make some debugs, change source, put log and other things..

I ask, because some times other people have the same problem!

Thanks for the reply...

--
Luiz Fernando Softov
http://www.softov.com.br