[Freeswitch-users] Intermittent audio issue with Chrome 40-42 and WebRTC

Bote Man bote_radio at botecomm.com
Mon Mar 23 21:42:54 MSK 2015

I am running

Chrome Version 41.0.2272.101 m

on Windows 7 and checked the 888 FreeSWITCH conference yesterday, it had audio both directions. I tried it 1 or 2 weeks ago and it had no audio so it must have updated itself behind my back because I did not explicitly update Chrome.

Firefox 36.0.1 did not have any audio last week and now 36.0.4 has no audio either.

I am testing this on my home network using a Cisco RV042 router and the default checkboxes on the FS WebRTC page which apparently default to using STUN.

Anthm has stated many times that WebRTC is a moving target so enjoy the exhilaration of these rapid developments! I believe this is why he insists that WebRTC users keep FreeSWITCH updated so that it tracks the changes in the major web browsers.

Bote