[Freeswitch-users] Concurrent calls with Transcoding Involved

Mayank Nakrani mayank19882001 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 18:03:57 MSK 2015

Hey Guys,

A small help needed :)

We have the following configuration for our Voip calling card business.

Opensips: Handling Authentications of users / load balancing more
freeswitch servers in the future
Freeswitch : Connected with a billing software through xml_curl Handling
call and media

Codec used:
 Between user and Our server : SILK 12k
 Between Server and outbound gateway : PCMU/PCMA

All this is hosted on a XEON e3 1230 at 3.2Ghz 4 cores And 8GB RAM server.

We are using Silk as we found it to be of good call quality and better on
bandwith compared to PCMA/U .

My query was to know is this configuration enough to handle around 150-200
conc calls ?

I know freeswitch is capable of handling a lot more than this but we have
Transcoding involved here Silk-->PCMA.

Do we have ppl here having similar configuration ? Can they please share
their results about concurrent calls ?

Thanks And regards
Mayank Nakrani