[Freeswitch-users] park_after_bridge does not work if far end does 180 Ringing

Ítalo Rossi italorossib at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 20:34:18 MSK 2015

183 means early media and the bridge by default is considered successful by
FreeSWITCH -->
https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/Early+Media#EarlyMedia-A
"Successful"CallAttempt

So park_after_bridge will only park the call if FreeSWITCH has received 183
or 200 from far end.

Not a bug, expected behavior.

Let me know if I'm wrong

On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 1:04 PM, Ali Pey <alipey at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I see a different behaviour for 183 Ringing vs 180 Ringing and a 408
> Request Timeout response message with regards to park_after_bridge:
>
> 1) I have "park_after_bridge=true".
> 2) Do a bridge to a PSTN number (SIP Trunk)
> 3) After sometime freeswitch receives 408 Request Timeout message:
>     a) if carrier had sent 183 Ringing (in band ring back tone) the a-leg
> is parked after the 408 timeout message.
>     b) if carrier had sent 180 Ringing, the aleg is hungup after timeout
> (408 message)
>

> Is this a bug?
> Is there a work around?
>
> Thanks,