[Freeswitch-users] Running LUA script asynchronously?

Yehavi Bourvine yehavi.bourvine at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 09:11:30 MSD 2015

Hi,

  I would like to add a small functionality to our PBX: when someone calls
an emergency number, in parallel to the call, an Email will be sent to our
security personel, and a call will be initiated to the security center
telling them that extension XXX called an emergency number.

I would like this process to run in parallel to the original call. How can
I do it?

- I prefer calling a LUA script from the dialplan, but it will stall the
user's call; can it be run in parallel?
- If not, I'll probably use ESL.  What is the best event filter string to
 get informed only about call initiation?

             Thanks! __Yehavi: