[Freeswitch-users] QoS fixed rate

Podrigal, Aron aronp at guaranteedplus.com
Thu Jun 25 21:18:29 MSD 2015

Hi,

I know this is not directly related to freeswitch, but  I assume there are
folks here who can help with this.

I would like to set QoS rules using linux tc to reserve and prioritize a
fixed amount of bandwidth for VoIP. All routers have QoS options to
prioritize packets based on a percentage of the total available bandwidth,
however that is not something that would always work especially when
bandwidth rates vary among time. So I guess reserving a fixed amount ( N
kbps * numChannels ) and reserve that for voip  makes more sense. So how
can I achieve this using linux tc?

Thank you.

--
Aron Podrigal