[Freeswitch-users] mod_unimrcp and shift-jis

Hector Geraldino Hector.Geraldino at ipsoft.com
Thu Jun 18 19:38:19 MSD 2015

Greetings,

I've been using MRCPv2 with Nuance for TTS tasks for a long time and have had no issues. Now, we're trying to add another TTS provider that also supports MRCP (Hoya/Voiceware) with mixed results. It turns out that, for japanese, their product doesn't support UTF-8 encoding but an encoding named shift-jis (an ascii-variant japanese standard).

I have no idea how to move forward with this. I don't know if FreeSWITCH supports different char encodings, don't know if mod_unimrcp supports shift-jis, and I don't even know how to properly test this from the CLI.

Any advice?

Thanks
Hector