[Freeswitch-users] TOO Frequent SIP Registration

Sean Devoy sdevoy at bizfocused.com
Wed Jun 10 21:30:27 MSD 2015

Hi everyone,

Forgive my lack of knowledge here.  I have a multi-tenant server setup and oddly everything is working correctly!  Working correctly isn't odd, writing when everything is ok is odd.

For one of my domains, all of the phones re-register about every 30 seconds.  The log is filled with messages like:
sofia_reg.c:1532 SIP auth challenge (REGISTER) on sofia profile 'external' for [43@<snip>]

On the phones I changed the "Reg Min Expires" to 300 and they disappeared from registration!!
Also, the phones are registered, I can call them and their status web page says next registration is xx (30 or less) seconds.

So ...
How often show registered phones re-register?
How/Where do I set it?
Why only one of my domains?  (This domain may be the only one to get the latest firmware in the phones).

For extra points does this relate to NAT Keepalive at all?

I did google this but the only registration expiration info I can find is on gateways, not phones.

Thanks,
Sean