[Freeswitch-users] uuid_record

Martyn Davies martyn at magiccow.co.uk
Tue Jun 9 19:38:50 MSD 2015

After a problem reported by a customer, I've been experimenting with
uuid_record from fs_cli to find out where leading silences might be coming
from. A couple of files I just recorded had >30s of silence at the start of
the wav file that I wasn't expecting.  The experiment goes like this:

1.  I say "one" on the call
2.  uuid_record <uuid> start xx.wav
3.  I say "two" on the call
4.  short pause
5.  I say "three" on the call
6.  uuid_record <uuid> stop xx.wav
7. I say "four" on the call

The resulting xx.wav file contains 33s of silence, "two", pause, "three"
end of file. It is silence at the start rather than ambient noise.

The call itself has been up for several minutes now, so I'm not sure where
the 30 sec comes from?

The FreeSWITCH version is 1.4.12-1

Regards,
Martyn