[Freeswitch-users] ignore_early_media=true behaviour

Vishal Sharma vishal.sharma at knowlarity.com
Thu Jul 30 14:55:32 MSD 2015

Hi All,
I see a strange behaviour for ignore_early_media variable.
I need to play a hold music file on LegA while Freeswitch tries to bridge
call to one of the listed numbers. Here in dial plan I have used only one
number.

If I use following dialplan without ignore_early_media=true in bridge, Leg
A is able to disconnect the call when Freeswitch is trying to bridge the
call to one of the number in legB.

    <extension name="SIP-TO-SIP">
      <condition field="destination_number" expression="^91(\d+)$">
        <action application="answer"/>
        <action application="set" data="hold_music=/srv/sounds/123.mp3"/>
        <action application="bridge"
data="{caller_id=+2000,ignore_early_media=true,RECORD_STEREO=true,originate_timeout=150,hangup_after_bridge=true,legA_UUID=${uuid}}sofia/gateway/anveo/${destination_number}"/>
        <action application="hangup"/>
      </condition>
    </extension>

caller ------------------FS-------------------Callee
INVITE-------------->|
<-------------------100
<-------------------200
ACK------------------->
###############| INVITE------------------>
###############| <------------------------100
BYE------------------>|
<-------------------200|
###############| CANCEL------------------>
###############| <------------------------200
###############| <---------------------------487
###############| ACK----------------------->

But when I include ignore_early_media=true in bridge command, Freeswitch
ignores BYE sent by legA ,when it is trying to bridge the call with leg B.

caller ------------------FS-------------------Callee
INVITE-------------->|
<-------------------100
<-------------------200
ACK------------------->
###############| INVITE------------------>
###############| <------------------------100
BYE------------------>|
BYE------------------>|
BYE------------------>|
BYE------------------>|
BYE------------------>|
BYE------------------>|
###############| <---------------------------486
###############| ACK----------------------->
<------200 ok  BYE

I would like to end the call if Leg A disconnects the call while I want to
keep ignore_early_media = True so that I can play a hold music file instead
of letting legA user listen to call failure message when FS tries multiple
numbers

Any suggestions ....

Thanks a lot

Vishal Sharma

--
SuperReceptionist is now available on Android mobiles. Track your business
on the go with call analytics, recordings, insights and more: Download the