[Freeswitch-users] Re- Connecting into British Telecom (BTs) SIP sandbox test platform

Steven Ayre steveayre at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 23:44:32 MSD 2015

You might find this useful
http://blog.aeriandi.com/2012/10/08/bt-interoperability-testing-a-guide-to-jumping-the-hoops/

You can configure a pair of sofia gateway to dial them through. Set the
register param to false. You'll need to provide a password, but just give a
dummy value (1234) as it won't be used since they won't challenge for it.

For incoming calls you'll need to set auth-calls to false on the sofia
profile, so that it accepts calls without authenticating them (they
wouldn't have a password if you challenged them). You'd need to verify
within the dialplan that it's a call from BT using ${network_addr} (unless
you can ensure the profile can only receive traffic from BT). Alternatively
you could create a user directory entry that authenticated any calls from
their IP as a 'BT' user (the cidr attribute). The incoming calls won't
authenticate based on the gateway as the magic that allows that does so by
putting a magic value in the Contact header during registration, which
won't be used in this case.

Steve