[Freeswitch-users] Follow me implementation

Guillermo Ruiz Camauer grcamauer at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 07:22:25 MSK 2015

Good observation regarding Bluetooth.  I was looking for a solution that did not require a cell phone (just a Bluetooth fob).  Any another indoor tracking technology come to mind?

Thanks,

Guillermo

Sent from my iPhone

> [...]
> to 1 relationship.  This means, you need as many BT radios as many
> people are in the room.  Putting 1 BT radio in a PC will work with
> first hit, but second person wont be able to be detected.
>
> I think best option is to install a softphone in your smartphone and
> allow multiple registration. When dialing to your extension, it will
> ring on your extension and on your smartphone as well.
>

> Luis Daniel Lucio Quiroz
> CISSP, CISM, CISA
> Linux, VoIP and much more fun
> www.okay.com.mx
>
> Need LCR? Check out LCR for FusionPBX with FreeSWITCH
> Need Billing? Check out Billing for FusionPBX with FreeSWITCH

>> I don't want to hijack your thread, but since the subject matter is
>> FollowMe, I would like to add that I am looking for something along the
>> lines of:
>>
>> A FollowMe that somehow knows what room you are in within a building and
>> rings the nearest extension with a special ringtone which is assigned to
>> each user.
>> The "somehow" could be through a Bluetooth dongle attached to a PC in the
>> room that detects the User's cell phone and updates a DB that FS has access
>> to, or an Mobile Phone App that triangulates on WiFi Access Points and
>> updates a DB, etc.
>>
>> Has anyone heard of such a system?  Experiences?
>>
>> Thank you,
>>
>> Guillermo Ruiz Camauer
>>

>>> On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 6:32 PM, Brian Foster <bdfoster at davri.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I've been given an assignment. It's a little rough, and honestly I've been
>>> working on other projects and at the same time loosing my freeswitch-fu. So,
>>> here it goes.
>>>
>>> Company owner wants to be able to implement a follow me function. He's
>>> asking for the deskphones to begin ringing, then have cell phones ring N
>>> seconds later WHILE the deskphones continue to ring. The function has to be
>>> able to work using a couple different ways of dialing (we've got call groups
>>> implemented,
>>> http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/XML_User_Directory_Guide#Groups). When the
>>> mobile phone is answered, we need to be able to get some feedback from the
>>> callee to figure out if they're human. We'll use AVMD to kill the call if it
>>> detects a voicemail beep.
>>>
>>> I've looked at several different examples on the wiki and mailing list,
>>> and the only way I can figure out how to do it while keeping the
>>> requirements in mind is to at some point resort to using Loopback (something
>>> i didnt want to do).
>>>
>>> Requirements are:
>>> 1. Use a custom IVR/menu/something to get a confirmation from the callee
>>> that they are human (while also keeping it available for customization  he's
>>> wanting a way to blacklist numbers on that same menu). So that rules out
>>> group_confirm_file, etc.
>>> 2. Use AVMD to kill the call if we detect the call was picked up by
>>> voicemail.
>>> 3. The custom IVR/menu/something isn't used on the deskphones
>>> 4. Deskphones need to continue to ring after the external number leg is

>>> http://wiki.freeswitch.org