[Freeswitch-users] Mod-Sofia ability to dial Alphanumeric characters in invite?

Magnus Kelly magnus.kelly at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 17:24:16 MSK 2015

Hello Guys,

 Is it possible to use FS with alphanumeric characters in the SIP invite?

As in I would like to send an invite addressed to  +C27344xxxxxxxxxx as one
of our upstream platforms uses a C prefix.

What I observe with default is " [ERR] mod_sofia.c:4431 Invalid URL "

If possible to support what would need to be changed? I am assuming that
this is outside the SIP standards, but confirmation would equally be useful.

Thanks
Magnus